Thursday, January 3, 2008

Update...

So I wanted to give those of you that read and are wondering an update.

The ex was told that she couldn't sleep over, she threw a temper tantrum because she just isn't used to boundaries. Treec and I are working on us being on the same page so that we can sit down with the ex and set more concrete boundaries. We are working on us being a unified front, working as a family side by side with the ex as his other family. I hope it all works out for the best, because I do respect that the ex will be a part of Tristan life for as long as their relationship allows I just want to make sure it doesn't disrupt our life as a family along the way. I think with solid communication, and with the main focus being our love for Tristan and what is best for him, we will succeed. Keep your fingers crossed! :)

It seems like Christmas was so long ago...I am glad it's Jan...time for a new start, time to say out with the old, in with the new and make some positive life altering changes in my life so that I can continue on my journey toward happiness.

New Years Eve was spent with good friends, I have a few photos but they are on the camera at home so I will have to update the blog with those later. We had a delicious prime rib dinner, garlic mashed potatoes, salad, stuffed mushrooms, cheese ball and crackers, rolls, green bean casserole. IT WAS AMAZING...thanks again for all those who participated! Then we played Guitar Hero all night until it was about midnight, when we ran outside banging pots and pans cheering Happy New Year. What a great night...thanks again!

Guess that's it for now...TTFN

(I will be in Hawaii in 6 months)

3 comments:

Jen said...

I'm glad to hear the update and that there was no slumber party with the ex. You sound like your handling things very maturely and respectfully. What a healthy outlook you have! Tristan is a lucky boy!

K J and the kids said...

I'm glad it all worked out.
I'm mostly glad that you and Treec are setting those boundaries together.
Can't wait to see the pictures :)

Keri said...

I'm happy to hear you all survived - hopefully you'll be even stronger from the experience.
Boundaries are a great thing and now that you've found this solid place together, there's no better time to set them. It seems like a good thing to do sooner than later, knowing it's probably going to come up year after year.
Happy New Year to you all!