Thursday, February 7, 2008

In-N-Out Spin Off & a BIG THANK YOU!

So those of you that know me well, know that I am an In-N-Out Burger FAN-A-TIC! My favorite order Double Animal Style (double meat patties grilled in mustard with grilled onions and extra sauce slathered on two fresh daily buns), Fries w/a side of sauce (the thousand island type sauce they put on their burgers) and a half and half chocolate/vanilla shake. Oh man, I am drooling just thinking of it. It's known to my family, friends, and anyone else in my way, that the second I am in close proximity of one of these delectable establishments, move out the way, I gotta eat! :) I love me some In-N-Out. I get the new In-N-Out t-shirt each year for Christmas as they come out the week of Thanksgiving, my parents always go to lunch and grab me my favorite Christmas present of the year. :)

Well, I am happy to announce two wonderful bits of news...

1-The most special, we are getting an In-n-Out closer then ever before in Washington City (a newly developed community just outside St. George city limits) opening in May of this year 2008!
and the closer of the two announcements
2-We have an In-N-Out Spin off just down the road in American Fork. It's called Chadder's. I was given the schpeal about how "it tastes just like In-N-Out" and of course, my initial reaction was Pa-Shaw, nothing could compare. So I had to take my taste buds down to AF for the test! I pulled into the parking lot to find a building that is similar in stature to an In-N-Out building. It automatically gave you the feeling of being in the presence of great food...as you walk in, instead of being greeted with hospital like sanitized and shiney white and red tiled walls with red palm trees, there were semi polished white tiles with words like "burgers, shakes, fries" in red. Instead of the In-N-Out good ole soda jerk type white outfit clean and pressed with military uniform type precision with a red apron adorning the famous baby diaper type pin to hold it on the waist I was met with the lesser, dingier, unpressed with ketchup on the sleeve white soda jerk type outfit with a blue apron tied in the back to hold it on the waist. I was happy to see the menu was simple like the In-N-Out menu. However since I am again an In-N-Out connoisseur I wanted to test the "secret menu" I know of from In-N-Out. I was happy to find that even though the names of the items are different, they understood what I was after and quickly schooled me on their verbage and I continue with my order. After my typical wait that you might find waiting for perfection, I was anxiously waiting for my number to be called..."guest 39, your order is ready". I jumped with excitement as I realized I was about to partake in something even if it was just similar, that I hadn't partaken of in about about 4 months...I took the tray, asked for a side of sauce and even though I got a funny look, they gave it to me. See...let me give you the reason for the "side of sauce", In-N-Out (and most other places in this world) don't know what FRY SAUCE is. It's a Utah thing...so when you ask for Fry Sauce people go "Ketchup???" Well, I like me some fry sauce, so the closest thing is the Thousand Island type sauce that they put on their burgers, so I get a side of it...Chadder's has Fry Sauce. I didn't want that experience, I wanted an In-N-Out experience, so I got the side of sauce....Okay, so I sat down and took a fry dipped it, and put it in my mouth to my delight. It tasted EXACTLY like an In-N-Out fry. YUMM-O! Next my shake, I took a first sip, I was slightly less excited about that. Although good, smooth, and thick, it wasn't the same. But that is okay...I could be okay with that...Next was a bite of the Double with grilled onions (aka double animal style). It's not EXACT...but it's damn close enough for me!
So despite the differences I have to thank the heavens and stars above that it's aprox. 40 miles away in American Fork so I can't go each and every day for lunch, cause my LORD it was delicious!

I hope you all have a chance to experience this establishment. If anyone wants a burger buddy, I am free for lunch (or dinner, or late breakfast, or early midnight snack) ANYTIME!

And now for the BIG Thank you! I have a wonderful person in my life. One that I call FRIEND! She heard my cry for help in my last blog and was able to pull some favors and get me some of my much needed medical supplies. THANKS KYLA! Your amazing...but then you hear that alot don't you! Tee Hee...THANKS AGAIN...BUG FAT HUGS to your skinny ass! :)


Have a great day...and enjoy. TTFN!

10 comments:

K J and the kids said...

How exciting for you :)
J will be thrilled as well...one of her favorite places.

Glad you got the medical supplies.

Ky said...

I have never eaten an in and out burger. I know - you can get up off of the floor now. I have also never eaten a Whopper or a Big Mac. I am beginning to wonder if I am really an American.

Merr said...

I have only ever been to In and Out once in my life so I don't remember if it was good or not, but I'll take your word for it! We'll have to take a visit to AF and try it with ya some time.

Unknown said...

I've heard and seen that place many times, it's packed everytime I see it. I didn't know until now what it really was.. So that's great! I'll have to check it out!
LALA LOVES BURGERS!!!
I'm so glad that a dear friend could help you get your supplies..

Keri said...

We typically visit a In & Out when we visit C's sister. I love that they give you your food in a box so you can eat in your car. Not that I would ever eat in my car...
Yummy sauce! & fries! oooh. I can't wait!
Where's American Fork? :)

The Pixie and a Dragonfly said...

Are you SURE the burgers are as good!! You may need to prove this to us soon!! lol....I am a baby Blogger to so that is probably why you had no idea I was doing this.....Add me to your list of Blogs you Haunt...LOL BTW - It was great to see you at BINGO!!

Heidi said...

FYI to those challenged...American Fork is just south of Lehi.

Kyla...I can't believe you have never eaten the nectar of the Gods! Ha HA Ha

The burgers aren't quite as good, and yes they come in the box...but they are near enough the same that my fix was sufficed for the time being! :)

Anonymous said...

You'll have a new place to eat when you are down at the Heatstroker!

Anonymous said...

In-N-Out Burger so completely rules! I went for the first time last year in L.A. while college-hunting with my son. I think he convinced us to look at schools on the Left Coast so he could sample the delights of the Fabulous Burger.
We were in Calif. three days and I think we went to In-N-Out four times. If only they would come to the N.Y.-N.J. area. We also travel 80 miles to go to Waffle House. Cheese eggs, raisin bread with apple butter and grits. OMG!
-Jill

Anonymous said...

You write very well.