Monday, August 27, 2007

The phone call

First let me start with...I am a blog virgin, (and gramatically challenged at times-forgive me)and i'm kinda excited to get a move on with this...so thanks Ky for getting me all worked up and ready to...dirty, your all dirty! I hope I do you proud! :) I got big shoes to compare too (CROCS ARE BACK!).

Ok, so I am sitting at work tonight in the CD Store, 2nd of two jobs, the one that brings me joy! Listenin to a bit of Queen/John Lennon/Gnarls Barkley/Tom Waits...just a little bit of a random spin. Had two female "family members" come in to purchase some dvd's all of which had a common theme to me! I smurked under my breath (can you do that?...well I did) wondering if their young minds think like me...sure enough, as I state "you both have great taste in movies" the one pipes up with "do you know the common theme?". Without missing a beat I reply "Clea Duvall...my girlfriend (yumm-o) and they both giggle and she says "yep!" So then she proceeds to pull out her cell phone where she had caputred a photo of Clea about 10 feet away in a club in LA just two weeks ago. I drooled in jealousy. What a great start to my 5 hour shift!

Well then, to get to the blog title, I get a phone call...Indigo Girls: Free in You starts to play, and a smile comes to my face knowing that my sexy gf is calling to say hello! Well so I thought. It wasn't a call to say hello so much as a call to tell me she was rushing over to her grandma's, where situated about 100 yards across the street was a SWAT team and her "uncle Shane with a shot gun to his head". How do you do that exactly? Wouldn't you have to have long arms? So now I sit here, stuck in the store, praying that Tree-c isn't anywhere near the house, and doesn't get in the middle of any gun fire that might ensue. I will update as I know any outcome!

Well...guess I better get to cleaning up the store, and trying to keep my mind off anyone getting hurt! Pray that all turns out without a death, I can just see it now, Patrice's b-day friday will be spend at a funeral! JOY! Was that synical? Hmmmm...

TTFN

12 comments:

Ky said...

See! I knew you could do it - look at you blogging!!! Problem is - you were already cool before you blogged. Now what are you? Hella Cool? Love you!

Unknown said...

Welcome to blogland!
Hope everything worked out with the gun fight.. SCARY!

Holly said...

Wow! Welcome to blogland!
What an interesting first post! A little frightening...

Denise said...

Welcome you know how to start with a bang!

Merr said...

Hi Heidi! I am so glad you started a blog. Now you can keep up on us and we can keep up on you. YAY! How fun!
I hope that situation is okay. Please update soon!!!

Kim aka Mommy said...

Welcome! Another Utahian? Oh my!

Ok, so you've gotten our attention. I do hope everything worked out without any serious injury.

Jen said...

Welcome to the Blog World!

Boo said...

Dude, could you PLEASE give us an update!! I am so happy to have you here. I love you!

Dee said...

Welcome to the land of blogging! You'll soon find it can become sleep, sex and food.

K J and the kids said...

Just a little advice. Start off slow...you know, I have a gf, who has a kid. I love her. blah blah blah.......
Not BAM ! Rock and Roll and shotguns. What the hell !

:) ha ha ha
Just something to live up to now.
Can't wait to hear more.

Give Patrice a hug.....I hope she and her family are doing ok.

Ali said...

Welcome to blogland!

Wow! shotguns! what a start...

Ali

La said...

Welcome to blogland!

Wow! shotguns, mystery, pins and needles- way to start! Hope all goes well.

Ali