Thursday, August 30, 2007

Little Bit o everythang!

Well, hello! Tonight was spent with Ky, Beck and the kids at one of our favorite restaurants Teppenyaki's for Tree-c's b-day! It was really nice to enjoy time with them...oh hell, it's always nice! Jackson cracked me up chowin down on his rice! I have never seen a kid like rice as much as Jackson does! And then there's Alyssa being a big girl and enjoying the show...I think she asked 4 or 5 times where the guy was going when he was done cooking our dinner. Tristan loves the fire, but it's a little hot on his face, so he always shoves his chair about 5 feet away from the table while the flame is going and then slides back up for the rest of the show when the flames die down. And me...I love the soup and salad best! YUMM-O...if you've never had a chance to go...I highly recommend it.

Tomorrow is Tree-c's actual b-day. I am having friends and family over for a little b-b-q and I am a bit overwhelmed since last year we weren't "together" for her b-day. I want it to be special for her! There are a few surprises in the works...I will share them and how they were received after tomorrow! :)

I would bet that most of the people in my life have been affected by the big "C" (and I don't mean Cali) in some way or another. My mom has battled breast cancer 3 times. Monday she called me and let me know that her routine bone scan showed up with a bit of abnormality in her neck bones...so they were a bit concerned and had her come back in for a few more tests. Wednesdays we were relieved to find out that it's not cancer! WOO HOO...it is however degenerative arthritis. Sad that we are excited that it's that...but at least it's not cancer! Last time my mom went through her treatments it really altered her mental well being and changed my mom into a different person. I think deep inside somewhere I was scared to lose my mom again when we just got her back! Thank God we have more time!

It's my big sisters birthday today. I called her this morning to wish her a happy day! I realized as I hung up the phone that it's probably been months since I talked to her. I gotta be a better sister and keep the phone lines open with her. I have two sisters, one older, Gidget (yes that's her real name); and one younger, Penny. They both have one child, Gidget's son Timmy joined the Navy last December and is stationed in San Diego. Penny's baby Presley is having her first birthday in October. I am really looking forward to seeing them Columbus Day weekend...Treec, Tristan, and I are taking a little road trip. I can't wait!

Well I better get my self off to bed, tomorrow is going to be a long day! Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Ky said...

Dinner was a lot of fun. I still can't get over "hold the teriyaki". LOL. It was great to just hang together. Sorry we will be missing the gathering tonight...but I hope we will see you up the canyon sometime this weekend!

K J and the kids said...

I can't wait to hear about the surprises.

SO glad your mom is Cancer free !

Wen said...

Heidi, Thanks for the encouragement on my first posting. It actually put a grin on my face on a day that hasn't been so gleeful. Also, I'm so glad to hear that the "C" word hasn't returned to terrorize your family. I know of what you speak. Too many times, unfortunately. Happy Birthday to Tree-c.

Kim aka Mommy said...

Happy birthday wishes all around!

We enjoyed a Teppenyaki's on the cruise. YUMMO! We've got a Nara close to us. Love it!

That's great news about your mom!