Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Our Labor-less Day Weekend!

We started off the weekend with a bang. It was Tree-c's b-day b-b-q, which I mentioned in the last blog that there were a few surprises. Tree's Dad (who never really showed up in the last 34 years) showed up with a new 32" All-purpose Camp/Dutch Oven Table...something that she has wanted for quite awhile now! Another one of her surprises was an ice cream cake...Tristan picked it out, it was decorated as a hot pink present with a Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy toy on top. Chocolate Brownie ice cream with chocolate cake...hello can you say RICH? It was good though, and it was exactly what she had hoped for. I got her windows tinted for her in her new car, and let me just tell you how difficult life is in this "fast food" "ATM" style world we live in when you can't role down your windows. Imagine driving up to have a double cheeseburger with fries and having to hand the money to the person without being able to roll down your window. Not that I am ordering double cheeseburgers with fries, 'cause I am not allowed to eat that food anymore....SHHHH!

Saturday we spent the day being lazy, we got up leisurly, something those of you with kids will understand it's not past 8:00am and usually not very leisurly...ha ha. But we went to breakfast at IHOP where Tristan proceeded to spill the new blue lemonaide all over the table and narrowly missed spilling over onto Tree's lap. Then we headed to "downtown", one of Tristan's favorite places to go. If we could pack a lunch and spend every weekend at the Gateway playing in the fountain, he would be in 7th Heaven! On our adventures downtown, we always have the pleasure of finding a transient (or bumb if your politically incorrect). I have tried to teach Tristan that some people aren't as blessed as us and they don't have a house to live in, and they don't have jobs, so they live on the street or in shelters. I have also taught him that if they are "working" then the deserve our money, but if they are just begging, then we don't give them anything. So whenever he sees a street performer, whether it's the bagpipe guy, or the little band that sings in the restaurant area, he is all about giving them money. Well, Tristan has a tendency to see coins laying in the street, and he is saving up for our Disneyland trip this December, so on Saturday he had found two dimes. He was so excited to put them in the "Disneyland Money" bank but then as we were eating a guy that seemed not all there started playing (if I can use that term loosely) a trumpet, pretty much the same three notes the whole time he was there. WELL, Tristan being the sweet (and I use that term loosely...ha ha, just kidding) boy that he is asks me to walk with him, he takes my hand and walks forward toward the trumpet player. He reaches deep into his pocket and takes out one of his two dimes and places it into the mans trumpet case. The he turns and heads back to finish his pizza. What a cute little gesture.
Sunday we got up early to take Grandpa's fishin boat out onto the lake at East Canyon. By the time we got the motor running it was noon. We got to the lake, found Kyla and Becky's camp, said hi and then headed onto the lake. It was my first time backing a boat trailer down a ramp...boy was that an interesting feat. Patrice got out onto the trailer to push the boat off, threw Tristan into the boat and was going to wait for me after I parked the truck and trailer...when I got back I guess Tristan had had a complete come apart when the boat started floating and he was the only one in the boat...it was his first time and come to find out later that day, it was the "scariest part of the day". Almost everyday we have a "what was the best part of your day" conversation. It's one of my favorite things we do all day. :) My funnest part of that day was singing camp songs with Tristan, Alyssa, and Jackson. We had a blast...Tristan's new favorite song is the "baby shark" song...thanks Becky! :) So cute! Oh yeah, and I ended up falling into the lake that afternoon because Treec didn't know how to stop the boat and we rammed into the boat dock and then didn't have a rope to tie it off, so as I grabbed on the dock to hang on and the boat floated out from under me...I just ended up diving in, I only have a few bruises...ha ha ha. That day we got skunked fishing!

Monday we got up at 5:00am to get to Tree's dad's by between 5:30 and 6:00am. He was taking us in his little boat to Scofield to "TROLL". Talk about a fun fun fun time. It was fun to spend some time with Tree's dad. I am not counting on him sticking around, but I will be really grateful and so happy if this is just the beggining of the rest of their relationship. We caught 19 fish all together, and had a great time!

When do I get another holiday/vacation so I can rest and sleep in instead of having to Labor. :)

Okay, off to bed - remind me to talk to you about the "winds" that tore Patrice's trampoline apart.

4 comments:

K J and the kids said...

Sounds like you guys had a LOT of labor on your day/weekend. :)
Glad Patrice's birthday went off without a hitch.
I thought it would rain on you guys on Sunday. I wish we would have gone up.

What a sweet kid he is. I love that you teach him these little lessons in life :)

Merr said...

What a great weekend. You guys sure stay busy! Sorry we missed you guys on Sunday. We saw you from a far, and then you were gone!

Ky said...

I'm so happy you came up to the lake on Sunday! You know I have the best shark motions too right? LOL! Gay Shark!

Kim aka Mommy said...

Wow! What a busy weekend but it all sounds like a blast.