Sunday, August 10, 2008

Tristan's FIRST vacation without his Mommy!

9:45pm saturday evening we took Tristan to meet Tree's ex at the airport. After many many long conversations between her and I, Tree finally decided that it wouldn't be fair of her if she denied the ex the experience of vacationing with her son. I convinced her also that we should encourage situations were Tristan is able to experience as many things in his life as possible. So they left on a Jet Blue flight to the JFK airport. We got a call at 4:00am our time with Tristan's excitement that after only 5 hours in the plane, which he slept through, the sun was up and he was ready to go...luckily we still had 5 more hours of sleep in our future. :) Of course the second Treec let go of Tristan at the curb, he ran with excitement because he loves security at the airport soooo much. It's his favorite part of a vacation. Taking off his shoes, walking through the metal detectors, he is compeltely facinated with the whole experience. Of course as we sat back into our seats in the car, the tears started to flow and Treec sob uncontrollably. I held her hand as I drove away, and then tried with every part of my "fix it personality" just to listen to her concerns without trying to convince her that he will be fine and she's being irrational. She knew it as well as anyone, she just needed her moment to be able to let it all come out. I am proud of myself, (as I pat myself on the back) by the time we got home the tears had stopped and we were able to enjoy the next few hours cuddling on the couch watching some of the tivo'd Olympics.
I would have liked to take the whole week off and made sure that it was packed full so Treec didn't have any time to get sad and miss her boy. But work, work, and more work will keep me from being able to devote all my time to that. But we are going to go see a couple of "adult" movies that we have wanted to see. And the rest of the week will be filled with getting things accomplished, cleaning, laundry, back to school shopping, etc. The days will fly and next saturday will come faster then we know it.

My part time job has recently become a second full time job. I have worked every day this week except thursday night. I am literally exhausted trying to work a full time day job and fill in were needed on my night/weekend job. The manager of the store had to "get out of town" on short notice(let's just say there were loan sharks, threats of beating and lots and lots of money involved-yes it happens in Utah too!) and so me being me, stepped up to take over the responsibilities of manager. I have had to bail on plans made (SORRY), and have had to pass on plans wanting to be made...but I know in a few weeks when things settle down, I will feel good about helping where needed and am certain will get a well deserved pat on the back. And honestly, in any job, what more could I ask for then recognition and gratitide for a job well done. It makes me feel really good! :)

My mom, step dad, little sis, and niece come into town the 21st for a few days. It's my mom's bro's 80th birthday, so were having a little family reunion. I am really looking forward to their visit. Then I am flying out to mom's in October for my niece Presley's 2nd birthday. The "homesick" feeling I have had the last little while seems to be dampened by the multiple visits...so I am happy about that.

We had a meeting with a general contractor a couple of weeks ago about the re-model of Tree's house. We were supposed to meet him again saturday morning, but that didn't work out with my crappy work schedule. So we hope to be having a meeting of the minds on friday afternoon/evening with him. He has some plans drawn up and some great ideas on paper. Now just cross your fingers that'll it'll be affordable so we can finally get started on the "moving in together" process! :) WOO HOO.

Guess I ought to get back to work, Lego's Indiana Jones is calling my name! :) TTFN

5 comments:

Unknown said...

OH! This just hurts my heart.. I can't imagine the feeling, but it will be over before you know it!
I can't believe I haven't checked your blog in 1 week is all, okay.. maybe a little longer.. haha, and you have been a "pro" blogger!
I hope the additions to the house go smoothely and you are able to start the "move in"! *big smile*

Unknown said...

I love it.. I remember when my little girl's dad decided he was going to take her to Seattle. We had split custody so it was his time, and his daughter but I about died. I knew he would be with her the whole time and she was safe - but not as safe as she was when she was with mommy. I can only feel for Patrice the second she let go of the little guy. And KUDOS to you for making it easier for her. Who could ask for more than the couch and the Olympics. I love it. Good luck with the contractors and the revamping, as I call it, process. I can plainly see I need to get more involved with the GLPU and "family" folks in SLC cause I'm missing out totally. Such a lame ass I am.

Have a great week Heidi..

Merr said...

Aw poor Treec! I totally understand and feel for her. The week will fly by though and Trist will be back in no time, so enjoy the adult time. Quit working so much ya know!

Campbellite said...

That's a sweet story about Treec and Tristan. I see it all the time working for an airlines at the airport. We have a done of unaccompanied minors and when they say goodbyes, they both cry. When they come back, at least Mom cries because she's so happy to have them back. Treec's tears just say that she loves her son fiercely and that's way cool. I hope to meet Treec someday when we move back to UT.

H, don't kill yourself with work girl. It's easy to fall into the habit of always working but take care of yourself too.

Ky said...

I can only relate to how I feel every other week when I have to hug my kids goodbye. The first time was heart wrenching. The second gut wrenching. Now it still hurts but I know they are in good hands and getting to experience life - which is what matters most to me. Treece has such a gentle nature about her - and such a soft heart. I am sure it was so difficult for her, but I'm also glad for Tristan and that he is out experiencing the world. And when he returns just think of all the stories he will have to tell!
That's great your family is coming into town. Tell your mom hello from me. Too bad we aren't going to be in "sac" town at the same time!
Can't wait to see the progress on the re-model.