Monday, February 16, 2009

What I learned today...

OCD can overtake ones mind and soul...and damnit I might just have to fight for mine back. I must come to grips with allowing things to just be. The future is unwritten, I must allow it to be so!

Where is this coming from, you might ask?

I have already started to pack for our little weekend trip to Vegas. Yes, it's monday, and I have already started to stack the clothes I want to take, while organizing the laundry into stacks I must wash prior to my trip. I have planned which bag I am taking to accomidate the clothes planned to take. And I have already made a list of things I must buy at the store for the trip and for when I return from the trip so that all will be in order when I return home on sunday.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME????

I swear...

Last weekend was a quicky. I went to "poker night" on friday night with a group of about 13 peeps. Some i'd never met, some I had but didn't really know. What a blast. We had three tournaments throughout the night, I placed in all three. First, 2nd, and 3rd. I came out ahead $30.00 for the whole night! Love it when I win! Friday night I reaffirmed that I can become easily addicted. I get enticed by something or someone that intoxicates me and I want more and more. Gambling is very definatly one of my vices. I am certain they have 12 step programs for that addiction too, but then I would have to quit...so I think I will just attempt to control it on my own for now. :) Then saturday and sunday I had to work...so I guess the old saying applies...no rest for the wicked! :)

Patrice and I are headed to Vegas this weekend for my friend Mel's birthday and I am really looking forward to not only a get away but a chance to be a big WINNER (Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!). WOO HOO. We are also going to be naughty and go see the show Zu*manity. We will take lots of photos of the weekend and i'll post next week.

My good friend Summer Bumber is having a birthday this week and we are sad that we are going to miss out on spending time with her on the big day, but plan to make it up to her in the near future! :)

I have started a new hobby. I was getting so overworked that when I came home at night all I wanted to do was veg out on the couch. I was always taught that "being aidle is of the Devil" so I opted to find an outlet. Add my vice gambling, to collecting and what do you get? Collecting trading cards, ie. baseball, football, etc, from hobby shops and then selling the valuable ones on E*bay. What a blast! I've made some money, peaked an interst in something new, and found an outlet for my energy that I was wasting getting fatter and fatter on the couch. It's been fun! :)

Well, I guess that is it for today...oh, one last thing...here's a shout out to Katherine...keep your head up girl and work hard on getting better! Sending positive thoughts your way! :)

TTFN

1 comment:

Merr said...

Dude I am the same way! It bugs me too but I can't help but be "prepared".
Have fun in Vegas. I am so jealous. I love Vegas and have not been in years! Win big! Can't wait for pictures!
Don't worry about the birthday. We will get together some time!