Thursday, October 11, 2007

Feel so out of touch!

So we go away to California for the long weekend and I feel so out of touch. My thoughts are dwelling a bit on others tonight...Mer and Summer and their tragedy. I have no idea how that would feel, or how I would handle the same events in my life. Beck and Ky and their wonderful anniversary weekend in San Fran. Kori and LaLa running a marathon, someday I think I might make it a goal to write that on my list of things I want to accomplish in my lifetime (ha, ha). Karen having a total meltdown and maybe popping a few too many little pink pills that she would play dress up (and still fit) in her high school dance outfits. (and her comment about dating the high school basketball player...funny that I just saw a basketball photo of that same person the other night as Tree-c and I were cleaning out some stuff in her den-because they played on the same team) It's as if our weekend was so long ago!

We went to Sacramento, to my mom and step-dad's. 10 hour drive, with a 5 year old, who actually did amazing! I was really proud of him all weekend, we had some fun experiences. This is the 3rd time he's seen my parents, and feel naturally into calling them Grandma and Grandpa. When we got to my little sisters house, he found it so comfortable that he told me and Patrice to go to dinner without him, he "wanted to stay with Penny" who was also going to dinner with us, but he didn't want that! :) My little niece will be 1 Oct 21st, her first b-day party was sunday the 7th so that both me and my older sister could make it to the party. It was a lot of fun to spend time with them, but as always the weekend was way to short, but just a teaser to get us really excited for our family Disneyland trip in Dec! :) YEAH!

In 8 short weeks from today we will be in Disneyland! "I CAN'T STAND IT TO GO TO DISNEYLAND" in Tristan's words! :) We decided that flying would be a better option this trip, so we purchased our tickets yesterday and bagged taking 3 extra days off work and trying to book hotels in Vegas for each end of the trip to help split up the drive time. It'll be more like a fun, relaxing vacation! I can hardly wait!

Tomorrow is Wendover! And then next friday we leave for St. George for our last softball of the season. We are really excited for both events.

I got called to jury duty, I was so freakin excited, I have had to call each day this week at 5:00pm to get my next days instructions...each day the little operator telling me that my number for selection wasn't pulled yet and to call back the next day. Again, I am so excited about doing jury duty, each day at 5:00pm promptly I make the call, and still nothing. Well, tonight at 5:00pm I thought for sure, it's going to be may day to report for jury selection, NO...DAMN, they have picked the jury and they don't need me to report at all! WAAAAHHHH I so wanted to do jury duty. I never have, and I really really want to. Maybe next time :(

Well, I guess that's it for now.

TTFN

2 comments:

K J and the kids said...

That is FUNNY !
Oh high school days !

I'm glad you had fun in California.
I'm also SUPER glad that you are headed back.
Sounds like you have WAY too much going on to really appreciate and enjoy the concert tomorrow night.
OH WAIT...you are the babysitter. Never mind. :) hee hee

Sounds like LOTS of fun coming your way.
Enjoy !

Twins & 2 Moms said...

You are a freaking nut! Wanting to do Jury duty..
You really should put a marathon on your top to-do things in life.. It was truly amazing!
Lucky you for going to Disneyland.. We're jealous!!
Hope you enjoyed Wendover..