Monday, October 1, 2007

Organizing and packing sucks!

So this past weekend was spend organizing and packing a few things in Tree-c's house to attempt to get things ready for the photographer to take inside and outside photos of the house...yeah, so that didn't allow much time for anything fun, and boy did Tristan let us know about it..."I don't freakin have anyone to play with" he shouts as we tell him to go in his room for a little while longer to get him out from under our feet...it's times like that that having a lil sister (his choice) or brother would really come in handy! I look at Jack and Alyssa and see the bond of sibling they have...it's so cute (I know it's not all candy and roses-but only-children syndrome is hard sometimes). Do we want more kids...sure we've talked about it, we aren't throwing away all the baby stuff as we pack, so I guess the answer is yes, but let us get moved in together before we leap and bound our way into that step. But yes, the older he gets the more we want to hurry...so we'll see what happens.

Let me tell you for those of you that have never experienced it before, organizing and packing up a house that has 12 years of memories that aren't your own can be taxing and emotional...I guess I shouldn't take that away from Patrice, I am sure organizing and packing up 12 years of memories that are your own can be taxing and emotional. It's been hard, and i'm sure that it'll be just as hard when we get to do it at my house too!

Trying to convince Tree-c that taking her personal photos of Tristan off the wall isn't because no one wants to see that adorable kid, it's because people don't want to see your family photos on potentially their new wall, they want to visualize their family photos on those walls...and trying to pack enough to de-clutter, but not so much that she can't live in the house is a hard line to toe.

But we are doing it, and it's a step toward our life together...the pay off is so great, we are very excited to get a move on!

I can't believe it's October first and that we have already had our first snow fall of the season. It actually makes me a bit nauseous. I am very much a summer girl, if it could be 78-82 degrees year round, so I can golf and play softball year round, I would be in heaven! I would rather be HOT then cold. I can't say I hate it, but I really really don't like winter. It makes me want to get fatter and hybernate...was I a bear in another life? HMMMM.

October I think is my least favorite month. Halloween (which is Tristan's favorite holiday) is my least favorite holiday. I keep getting told I will feel different now that I have Tristan, but I am tolerating the decorations, and am fine going trick or treating with him, but I am NOT dressing up or going to a party where I have to dress up. Okay, I guess I shouldn't be so "NO", 'cause I would do anything for Treec and Tristan! But I am not going to like it. HA HA.

This October is full of weekend plans, which makes me happy...We are leaving friday for Sacramento for my nieces first b-day party! I am very excited to see my family...it's been since last Christmas for my lil sis and niece, and it's been since last Thanksgiving since I saw my big sis and nephew. So I am very excited to get on the road...those that know me know I already have the list going of things to bring and will be packed wednesday night anxious to leave the second we can get Tristan out of school friday and get on the road! THANKS TO KY AND BECK for allowing us to use the mini van (I never in my wildest dreams expected to thanks someone for such a thing...ha ha ha) but the dvd player and headphones will be a God send on a 10 hour drive with a 5 year old!

The following weekend I got Treec a ticket to see Wynnona Judd in Wendover so we are going on a little family trip (long overdue) with Ky, Beck and the kids. I will be playing with the kids while the "adults" go to the concert...Tristan can hardly wait to stay in a hotel room and I am just excited to spend time with my favorite people! :)

The third weekend in Oct will bring the annual Halloween softball tournament in St. George. It's a nice get away to some warmer climate when fall and cold is in full force here in Salt Lake. The team we are taking this year seems to be almost seamless...I am really looking forward to coming back with an announcement of a large trophy! I will keep you posted...

Then the last weekend i'll just hold my breath through for Halloween...and then it'll be November...OH MY, do you realize it's only 84 days until Christmas! AHHHHHH

(here's holding my breath for good news from Mer and Summer)

TTFN

4 comments:

Boo said...

I love love love it!! I am so happy you are going to be a "family". We are very excited too for Wynonna, and I am so happy we get to steal your honey for the event, not to mention that you are watching my babies! I WISH we were coming to St. George, I still might be able to convince Ky to go I am going to keep trying. If i can hire someone to do the yard I will be there!! We had such a nice time there last weekend, I want to go back!

Heidi said...

WOO HOO...I wont be sad if that happens! :) See you thursday.

K J and the kids said...

WOW ! 12 years packing is a lot of emotional hard work. I'm very proud of Patrice for doing it.
I'm just so damn excited for you both...houses, kids...look at where you are going !

Wynonna sounds AWESOME ! I love her.

Have fun in California. enjoy the warm weather...I think ours is gone for good.

Merr said...

Wow you are busy this month! You don't love Halloween? We love Halloween. I can't wait to dress up and go trick or treating.
Thanks for thinking of us!