Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekend Fun

This past weekend was fun filled, so I wanted to show off some photos and fill you in.

Friday night I was able to get the night off from my part time job...it's not common that I get a friday night off so I have not been able to make it to the friday night GLPU park nights. First off I want to take the time to publically thank Mer and Summer for taking their time, energy, and finances at times to make everyone in the GLPU feel welcome and involved when it comes to friday nights. They have taken on the responsibility of making it easy for people to come and get to know each other and allow the kids to play with each other while the adults have time to talk. So this past friday they took the opportunity to expand "park" night and we had "canyon" night. Millcreek canyon is close, cool, and semi secluded. We were able to go up, find a fire pit for roasting marshmallows, and the kids played near the creek and played king of the hill on a very large rock. There were only three family's that made it up the canyon, but it was so great none the less.

Saturday morning I had to get up and go to work for a few hours, and Tristan went to Karate to do testing for his yellow belt. He was focused and dedicated and could hardly wait to call when he was done to tell me how great he did. I am very proud of him.

Saturday afternoon Mer, Sum, and Cam came over to my house to hang out. The boys played, ran through the sprinklers, and even took a small little nap while Patrice, Mer, Sum and I had some tasty cold adult beverages and b-b-q'd. We ended up going to the drive in that night to see Kung Fu Panda, which we had already seen, but it was better the second time around, and then for everyone else to watch Narnia while me and the boys snored our way through it. :) I can never stay awake for the second show. Darn-it.

Sunday morning was father's day, I called both of my dad's to wish them a great day and then we headed up Provo Canyon for a fishing/picnic. We could see the fish, and at any given time there would be 8-10 fish hitting the bait but not eating it. Then all of a sudden I watched a fish hit my bait and I jerked and snagged a fish, I let Cam reel it in, which he seemed to enjoy, and Tristan scooped it up out of the river with the net, it was a total team effort. Once the fish was out of the water, and I got the hook out of it's mouth the flopping fish pooped and started to bleed and then flipped all the gooey ooey stuff all over, poor Cam got some on his cheek and kinda freaked a little. He didn't want anything to do with it from there on out. We totally have plans to go again...I think we all had a great time, even Mer trying to cast Cam's little 2 foot pole 20 yards out...I am telling you, she's a natural. :)

We decided to allow the Ex to have Tristan for a few hours sunday afternoon for "Other Parent's Day" so that Patrice doesn't have to share "mother's day". No sense in wasting a perfectly good holiday just 'cause there is no father in our little family. So after we dropped him off we headed to Cabela's. Love that store...we never get out of there without spending $$. We found a new fishing pole for Patrice, a cool new camel pack for Tristan for his b-day (July 22nd), and some new spinners for when we fish up on the lake. I am really looking forward to our next fishing trip!

We have 11 days until Hawaii...I am getting more and more excited each day that it get's closer.

Hope you enjoy the photos...

TTFN

3 comments:

K J and the kids said...

Those boys go together like peas and carrots :) Such fun memories.

I kind already read how much fun the weekend was on Merr's blog...but it's always fun to get another view on things, right ?

Merr said...

Hey you got some cute pictures! The weekend was a blast and I can't wait for more! See ya tonight!

katsharp said...

good times...good times