Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekly Horoscope

So I have a weekly horoscope that comes on my phone text message every monday morning at 9:00am. It's not that I take stock in horoscopes, but sometimes they say things that really make me think...today is one of those days.

"Detach yourself from previous roles. They are obsolete. Let them go."

I have three things in my life in the past few months that have made this horoscope ring very very true.
1-Patrice and I have been talking seriously about how I kind of became the bad guy to Tristan. Patrice had a tendancy to be to "soft" and I had a tendency to over compensate for that and be a little to "hard". We have been working really hard to change that role.

2-My best friend has made some choices in her life that for whatever reason put a huge barrier between us. She hasn't talked to me since before Mother's Day and I am really confused and sad about it. Maybe she no longer needs my friendship, and I should let her go???

3-My mom's best friend kinda took me in under her wing many many years ago. She has two kids that I adopted as my bro and sis. Well, Sis is getting married on June 28th. I am really sad because I will be in Hawaii, but in all honesty I haven't really been close to these guys since about 8 years ago, I mean, semi close, but not like before for sure...so maybe the role of "sister" is one that is obsolete now.

Just a really thought provoking horoscope...

TTFN

5 comments:

K J and the kids said...

Tough call. I think relationships all seem to go through a metamorphosis. Change is inevitable and doesn't mean it has to be the end of the relationship. It is all in your view. Do you continue with the relationship the way it is now or do you stop investing in it because maybe it hurts too much to not have what you once had.
The great thing about it is....it can change again at any time. Sometimes all it takes is a phone call and BOOM, you have a brother and sister again :)
Good luck !

Merr said...

Hmmmmm very interesting if I do say so myself!!!

Unknown said...

I often look at my Horoscope and it blows me away, but I do read into it too deep! Very interesting though!
I think you are a wonderful person!

Anonymous said...

All things happen for a reason, my motto is just keep being the kind of friend you would want and then whatever happens, happens.

Ky said...

I do need you - in times of crisis I am not good at reaching out - even to my best friends. Add to that the fact that my side of the story was never allowed to be told and there is a lot of emotion flowing both ways right now. Fact: I love you - like family - and should you choose to turn your back it would be your choice that I would respect but I would hope that you would not.