Thursday, June 12, 2008

Seriously...it's June!

I was sitting here a minute ago and realized that I haven't written a blog since May...it's now June, we've had ups and downs, fun and drama, and all of it undocumented here on the worldwide web...I better give you a re-cap.

Softball has been non exhistant for weeks now because of rain outs...but we do have a game tonight which I am looking forward to. Maybe one of these days we can put aside all the drama and actual play and win a game. I will keep you posted on that.

Patrice, Tristan and I have been spending a lot of fun fun times with some friends the last little while that have made us really happy. We have a lot in common, we have a lot to talk about, and the boys are getting closer and closer. We are really excited about it.

SLC Gay Pride 2008 was this past weekend. We went to the parade, then walked around the festival and let the boys play play play. Also giving hugs to those people we tend to only see once a year at Pride. It was a beautiful day FINALLY!

After Pride we went to the movies and saw Kung Fu Panda. Tristan laughed histerically, I wouldn't say it's the best cartoon movie of the century, but it was a cute one.

I went to Fairview with my dad and spent a day hanging kitchen cabinets in Patrice's grandma's cabin. What a day of hard work...but the results were spectacular. I can now claim to be a professional cabinet installer. :)

Memorial Day weekend was a surprise if you remember for Patrice. We ended up in Mesquite for the weekend and even drove into Vegas for the day. We gambled, played Bingo, walked the strip, slept in, ate buffets, had an In-N-Out Burger (twice) and just had a great weekend together. Oh yeah and we saw Pete Rose at the Forum Shops in Cesars! WOO HOO.

This weekend is going to be full of canyon trips, fishing, movies, b-b-q's fun and friends. I am really looking forward to it.

Next weekend is Ani Difranco! I CAN HARDLY WAIT!

And then the next weekend we leave for Hawaii...so all in all, the fact that it's only June is probably good, since our lives are so busy...

Enjoy a few of the photos from the last few weeks.

TTFN


Heidi & Tristan...buddies
Winnings-woo hoo
Pete Rose at the Forum Shops in Vegas
My favorite Double meat Animal Style
Patrice and Me at the top of the Stratosphere right before we rode the Sling Shot! :)

4 comments:

K J and the kids said...

That was a extremely fast and painless catch up. I would have drawn it out at least another 2 screen fulls :)
Glad to know you hang cabinets...this will of course come in handy one day. I just know it.
So glad you are having so much fun this summer !

Twins & 2 Moms said...

I'm still loving all those winnings! Way to go girl!
Sounds like a fun fun fun little Summer ya'll are having!
It was so good to see all of you! We need to get together with ya'll!

Merr said...

Oh there you are! Are we keeping you too busy to blog, because we can't have that! We have been having lots of fun with you guys as well. I love that we have so much in common and that the boys get together so well! We'll see ya tonight! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Great photos! Looks like you're having a great summer!
Keep it up!
xo!