Thursday, June 19, 2008

Root Canal - Ouch

Tuesday afternoon I took my dad golfing at Riverbend Golf Course for Father's Day. We only played 9 holes, but we have decided it needs to be a bi-monthly routine. I am really looking forward to that, it's something to allow us to continue building a great relationship.

When we got done, I met up with Patrice, Tristan, and a few other friends for an evening of fun at Liberty Park. The kids ran through the fountain, we pushed them on swings where we got "super duper high" and we ate Pizza and breadsticks for dinner (Thanks Mer and Summer). What a great evening. We finally left the park about 9:00pm with disappointment on all our faces, it was a fun fun night.

By the time I got home, my mouth was hurting so bad. It was throbbing into my jaw and my ear was starting to hurt...so after a very long, painful night, I got up an called an Endontist and got in for an emergency root canal at 2:30pm wednesday afternoon. OUCH! Not to get gross, but they dug and dug and dug out the infection from my tooth. I thankfully had protective eyewear on because it splashed up everywhere in disgusting chunks! Bleck, I think I might throw up thinking about it...well, I did end up throwing up, but it was because I took some Loritab to help with the pain, and it didn't do well to my stomach or head, Loritab and me don't mix! Today wasn't pleasant, full of sleeping the drugs off and trying to manage the pain without Loritab...but I am feeling a little bit better tonight, so I am happy about that!

7 more days until Hawaii! WOO HOO...and yes, in case you were wondering I have started to pack.

TTFN

4 comments:

Ky said...

EWWWWWW. I am glad you are feeling better. I have only ever had one cavity and that almost killed me - I can't even imagine.

Merr said...

Sounds way too painful for me. I hope I never have to have a root canal ever!
Oh and glad you are packing already, cuz you might not have enough time! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I had one once and I swear it hurt to even close my mouth. It was awful! I'm feeling for you - BIG!

Anonymous said...

Hey - where are you lately?