Friday, May 2, 2008

My jacked up rear end...

Got your attention did I? Tee hee...so, yeah, just when you think it can't get any worse, someone or something out there puts one more weight on your shoulders to see just how much a person can handle! Today was just any old day, I worked as usual, it was a chaotic day at work, but productive. I convinced my co-worker to do the Customs run for me today, so I could get into my 2nd job as quick as possible since this weekend is our GRAND OPENING SALE! U-92 did a radio remote broadcast, we had tons of give-aways, and tomorrow is going to be even bigger and better...SIDE NOTE...for those of you into video game we are having a huge raffle tomorrow to include a Wii and a 4-wheeler, some bed and breakfast giveaways and much much more...$1 a raffle ticket. Come over for the festivities, there will be cotton candy I think, and maybe even some face painting...just a regular old party! The raffle drawing is at about 5:00pm Play N-Trade West Valley (just west of Valley Fair Mall off the 35th (I think) south exit in the Starbucks and Toys R Us strip...

So back to the story...so I leave work, traveling toward the freeway on 12600 south and the traffic starts to slow. I brake, no big deal, we proceed through a light, when I realize that the truck in front of me is stopping very very fast, so I slam on my brakes with a "phew" knowing I will not even come close to hitting him when I glance into my rear view mirror and a Jeep Cherokee is coming in fast and close, I think, "phew" I think she is going to stop in time too...and then BANG BOOM CRASH, I fly forward into the truck in front of me, my sun roof goes flying open, my hat flies off my head (I kid you not) and a water bottle from the back seat comes flying past my right arm. Needless to say, i'm very stiff, I have the impression of a tow hitch in the front bumper of my car, my rear bumper is all jacked up and my hatch back door is dented all in. LAME! but lucky to be safe and not seriously hurt! The girl in the Jeep behind me had to be taken away in an ambulance and the kid in the little Ranger behind her got the crap beat out of him by his airbag. The F-250 that created the domino effect was munched to...so I feel pretty lucky!

After the adrenaline rush I had, I had to get to work, shakey and all I managed to kick ass giving away free shit to kids and parents alike.

But I am now off to get some Advil and Tylenol and hope to have a dream of some wonderful fantasy world!
Come see me tomorrow...I will hook you up! :)
Sleep well...
TTFN
Heid

2 comments:

K J and the kids said...

That's terrible.
I hope you don't have chronic back and neck problems from this.

Wen said...

I'm so glad you weren't hurt. I know how you feel having been in a pretty bad car accident myself not but a few months ago. Whew is right!